G&L Tribute ASAT Special Tobacco Burst Electric Guitar
The G&L ASAT® Special just might be the quintessential G&L guitar, viewed by many as Leo’s ultimate single-cutaway. Back in 1985, Leo Fender† launched this model under the G&L Broadcaster name, which prompted a response from Fred Gretsch of Gretsch Guitars over the name just as it had thirty-five years earlier. History buffs will recall that the Broadkaster® name is owned by Gretsch, and once again, a Broadcaster from Leo was required to have its name changed. This time around, the name became "ASAT" which is US military shorthand for an "Anti-Satellite" missile.
- CONSTRUCTION: bolt-on
- SCALE: 25 1/2"
- PICKUPS: Leo Fender†-designed jumbo G&L MFD™ single coils made in Fullerton, California
- BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash or Mahogany
- NECK WOOD: Hard-Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
- NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1 5/8"
- NECK RADIUS: 9"
- NECK PROFILE: medium C
- FRETS: 22 medium jumbo, nickel
- TUNING KEYS: 18:1 ratio, sealed-back
- BRIDGE: Leo Fender-designed G&L Saddle-Lock™
- CONTROLS: 3-position pickup selector, volume, tone